- Be a subject matter expert on defined contribution plans such as 401(k) plans, 403(b) plans and 457 plans, including tax qualification requirements.
- Support all aspects of defined contribution recordkeeping operations and products, proprietary IRA product and Section 403(b) plan services.
- Support plan document services for defined contribution retirement plans.
- Prepare settlement agreements and indemnification agreements relating to defined contribution retirement plan business.
- Help resolve client disputes/provide legal support of customer complaints.
- Work with litigation department on potential claims and litigation involving defined contribution retirement plans.
- Participate in the development of operational processes and procedures.
- Work closely with senior management advising on legal issues concerning defined contribution retirement plan products and service.
- Guard against legal risks involving the company.
- JD degree required.
- State bar admission.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience practicing as an ERISA attorney.
- In house experience supporting defined contribution plan recordkeeping business preferred.
- Frequent demand to establish priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to provide quality legal services based on experience in a timely manner.
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies
- Must be a good team player.
- Ability to work in a fast moving team.
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer
- Normal office environment.
- Travel may be required.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs