Position Overview This position will be primarily responsible for providing legal advice, guidance and support related to (1) transactions in all areas, including Corporate, Commercial (GPO, Wholesaler Distribution Agreements, etc.), Research and Development, and Manufacturing and Supply Chain; (2) Compliance; and (3) review of promotional materials. Reporting to the General Counsel, the attorney in this position will be responsible for collaborating across all levels of the organization to provide legal advice both individually and together with our Legal team members and outside counsel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide timely legal support to assist all departments with their corporate legal needs in order to achieve their functional objectives.
- Draft, negotiate, revise and finalize contracts in an effective, efficient and time-sensitive manner.
- Proactively advise and counsel clients to resolve issues regarding all types of transactions.
- Lead negotiations and provide direct counseling to clients on transactional matters.
- Proactively identify the need for, and development of, new or improved templates for common transactions.
- Review promotional materials for compliance with relevant healthcare regulations.
- Develop Compliance training and implement corporate policies.
- Keep abreast of developments in the law affecting the Company and its policies and procedures.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and J.D. Degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years of related Legal experience as an attorney in a pharmaceutical company or outside counsel representing pharmaceutical companies.
- Public company experience is preferred; SEC reporting is helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to build positive, collaborative relationships with multiple levels and parties across the company.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and deliverables within an entrepreneurial work setting.
- Experience negotiating all types of contracts.
- Customer service oriented and collaborative approach to assisting internal clients.