- Sr. Associate, Corporate Development is an exciting new position in the Corporate Development group focused on supporting the sourcing and formation of strategic partnerships (e.g. channel partnerships) as well as M&A opportunities for athenahealth. These deal opportunities help drive large strategic initiatives for the firm, including expansion into growth markets and accelerating critical product or service initiatives. Strong focus will be placed on identifying and researching market landscapes, conducting due diligence on relevant companies within those markets, and analyzing deal opportunities (e.g. acquisitions, lead generation partnerships).
- We are seeking an individual with experience in investment banking, management consulting, product management, or another similar field. The ideal candidate should possess an understanding of or interest in the healthcare IT space, and be able to comfortably interact with target companies in our pipeline.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting company due diligence and deep-dive research on key focus markets
- Manage partnership and M&A deal pipeline
- Help maintain business relationships with current partners and engaged potential partners
- Assist in deal execution and coordination between key internal and external stakeholders
- Provide financial analysis, long-range forecasting and analysis studies associated with potential partnerships and M&A deals
Key competencies of the successful candidate include:
- Research and Analytical Skills – robust ability to dive deep into information and articulate core findings to the broader group
- Industry Acumen / Interest – demonstrated knowledge of or interest in the HIT space and other major actors within the healthcare industry, and the norms governing those actors’ interactions with each other.
- Communication – highly articulate; expresses complex issues succinctly and makes compelling arguments in writing and in person; builds reports and presentations that frame findings and conclusions.
- Executive Level Presence – comfortable interacting with executive level internal and external stakeholders on a daily basis and driving conversations for athena
- Project Management – able to manage multiple projects simultaneously transparently, ensuring that all internal and external stakeholders understand the projects’ goals and deliverables
- Self-Motivated – Hands-on, self-motivated, and highly inquisitive style. Able to work independently to prioritize and deliver on key priorities
We are looking for an individual with a high degree of intellectual curiosity; superior organizational, preparation, and analytical skills; and a strong work ethic. Comfort working on multiple initiatives in a highly dynamic environment as well as the ability to remain calm under pressure and/or in ambiguous situations is crucial.
Key competencies of the successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- BA or BS required;
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in management consulting, product management, investment banking, private equity, project management, or another similar field
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and prioritization abilities;
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Confidence and sophistication in both verbal and written communications;
- Ability to work collaboratively, without direct reporting authority, to get results;
- Collaboration, influencing, interpersonal, and teamwork capabilities;Independence, resourcefulness, enthusiasm, dedication, and desire to learn;
- Demonstrated industry acumen and passion for making health care work as it should;
- Knowledge and understanding of athenahealth product suite and business model;
- Financial modeling, valuation, and strategic analysis experience required;
- Comfort in a faced-paced, dynamic environment;