As a member of the Sales and Support legal team, you will be responsible for providing legal support to the company’s Sales, Support, Channel, and Professional Services business units. Your responsibilities will be varied and include drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and managing a wide variety of commercial agreements, and providing legal advice to the business teams on a variety of commercial topics.
- Review, draft, negotiate, and manage a wide variety of commercial agreements, including business development and sales-related agreements, non-disclosure agreements, RFPs, and channel partnership agreements.
- Provide prompt, practical, and decisive legal advice and support to the company on prospective and existing customer matters.
- Collaborate closely with the business teams and other Legal team members to review and ensure adherence to the company’s contracting practices and procedures.
- Develop and deliver training to the business teams and other Legal team members.
- Establish contract compliance procedures, playbooks, and other related materials.
- Collaborate with and facilitate cross team decision making among the Legal, Sales, Support, Finance, and other internal business teams.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Juris Doctor from an accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in at least one U. S. state or the District of Colombia.
- 8+ years relevant experience post bar admission.
- Ability to independently manage all contracts in every stage with minimal supervision.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, communication (verbal and written), and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative/team player.
- Flexible and open to accepting new challenges.
- Ability to apply varying leadership skills and traits that create solutions and results to unexpected situations.
- Ability to coach and motivate less experienced team members to achieve their goals.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced environment while maintaining the highest standards and attention to detail.
- Capability to develop creative solutions to overcome obstacles encountered in complex contract negotiations and other customer matters.
- Demonstrated ability to balance client needs with internal policies and operational procedures.