We are looking for our first in-house Corporate Counsel, with a focus on product review and contract negotiation. You will be working closely with the Business Development teams to negotiate and close complex deals and provide strategic legal advice to help develop a comprehensive, long-term approach for our business. As the primary legal counsel in a fast-paced, tech start-up environment, you’ll have a broad range of responsibilities and asked to roll up your sleeves to help your team members.
- Review, draft and negotiate all types of agreements.
- Contribute to cross-functional teams as a trusted advisor, creative problem-solver, and strategic thinker. Take ownership of important issues and decisions, and see them through to completion.
- Provide counsel regarding corporate transactions, regulatory matters, commercial contracts, corporate litigation and company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Design, build, and improve legal department processes to keep pace with growth while appropriately managing risk.
- Exceptional contract negotiation and drafting skills, with the ability to negotiate complex agreements.
- Intellectual curiosity, roll up your sleeves “can do” attitude, proactive project ownership, and an ability to work collaboratively.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and desire to make legal processes more efficient.
- Excellent business judgment with a natural drive to organize and improve.
- Responds promptly to requests from internal clients; summarize and communicate legal risks in a way that business people can understand.
- Experienced and passionate about technology.
- California bar admission with 5+ years of relevant experience either in a technology company or at a top law firm.
- JD with membership in at least California state bar.
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents).
- Take-as-much-as-you-need vacation policy + flexible work hours.
- Opportunity to contribute to a 401(K) Plan.
- Equity in a high-growth, dynamic company recently named to Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Stars.
- Free lunch every day plus drinks and snacks.
- Fun team events outside of work hours.
- Commuter benefit of up to $255 a month through Wageworks.
- Super awesome team that cares about Shippo’s mission, product and their co-workers!