Well respected, successful, long-established investment management firm is seeking a Compliance Specialist for Exchange Traded Funds. The primary responsibility of the Compliance Specialist is to monitor trading on the New York ETF trade desk. This monitoring and oversight position includes reviewing all pre-trade investment activity generated by the Beta Solutions team. This position will require daily interaction with traders, analysts, and portfolio managers across the ETF business as well as members of senior management and personnel from the Legal and Risk Management Departments.
- The Compliance Specialist – Exchange Traded Funds will be responsible for monitoring all ETF trade activity to ensure compliance with Prospectus, SAI and other regulatory investment guidelines.
- Work closely with ETF traders, portfolio managers and members of the Legal and Risk Management Departments to appropriately manage pre-trade alerts in the Order Management System (Charles River).
- Provide timely and accurate advice and guidance to Traders and Investment Operations in response to Compliance queries.
- Assist in the preparation of compliance reports for senior management and boards as required.
- Coordinate with the Beta Solutions Team to assist with new business inquiries and client onboarding initiatives.
- Work closely with outsourced compliance personnel on post-trade alerts, fund reviews and fund set ups.
- Completion of regular monitoring of trading activity including best execution and trade allocation according to existing systems and processes.
- Support the undertaking of reviews by Internal Audit and the timely closing of resulting action items as required.
- Provide backup for other Compliance personnel on Equity, Fixed Income, Money Market and Municipal Bond desks as required.
- Accurate, timely completion of projects and initiatives as required.
Competencies for Success/Requirements:
- Investment Advisor compliance experience ideally gained within a large scale Asset Manager
- Four year bachelor’s degree required
- Working knowledge of Investment Advisors Act ’40 and working knowledge of Investment Company Act ’40, capital markets and other relevant regulations applicable to a large mutual fund complex and familiarity with Exchange Traded Funds is desirable
- Experience with Charles River platforms as it relates to pre trade monitoring of client accounts / funds viewed very favorably
- Experience with diverse financial products and services such as ETFs, mutual funds and separate accounts
- Proficiency in the complete MS Office suite is required, especially in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and meet critical deadlines
- Strong ethical commitment and detail oriented
- Willingness and ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of security types, including equities, money market, municipal bonds, loans and derivatives
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly – JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com