The role requires an enthusiastic individual, with significant compliance and/or regulatory experience and with strong evidence of a clear desire to work in a dedicated Compliance role, to join a Compliance department supporting the core compliance initiatives and control framework within SIEL’s regulated business. The role requires an enthusiastic individual, with significant compliance and/or regulatory experience and with strong evidence of a clear desire to work in a dedicated Compliance role, to join a Compliance department supporting the core compliance initiatives and control framework within SIEL’s regulated business.
The individual will build relationships with key stakeholders, deliver an exceptional performance in the daily provision of assigned regulatory activities and help successfully drive through compliant requirements and change whilst maintaining excellent relations throughout the organisation.
- Work with and support the Head and Deputy Head of Compliance to help the department in its general objective to ensure that the SIEL governance and internal control structures are effective for the Firm as a whole, such that SIEL is compliant at all times with all applicable rules and regulations.
- Effectively execute the Firm’s compliance monitoring program ensuring, among other things, that:o Each compliance monitoring review is effectively planned and designed such that the scope of work to be performed is sufficient, appropriate and risk-based.
- This includes ensuring that all applicable key rules and regulations, regulator’s thematic reviews, other relevant publications from the relevant regulator or industry bodies (FCA, ESMA, EBA, TISA, IMA, etc.) and any relevant regulatory developments and/or interpretations from industry bodies and/or the relevant regulator associated with the topic/theme of the review are considered.
- Compliance monitoring testing procedures, for each of the monitoring reviews that need to be performed, are effectively designed, such that key issues/matters are identified and/or meaningful conclusions are drawn.
- With effective management of more junior compliance resources and effective time management monitoring reviews are effectively conducted from planning stage to completion (including the reporting and communication of findings and recommendations stages) in a timely manner.
- The findings/results of monitoring reviews are critically evaluated, using a risk-based approach, taking into consideration all relevant information that is available to compliance, to determine any knock-on impact (e.g. whether the finding is a breach, etc.) and to make appropriate, well-thought, detailed recommendations.
- The findings/results and associated recommendations are communicated (verbally and in writing) to and agreed by all relevant stakeholders and/or SIEL Committees (incl. SIEL Board), in a timely manner, using management information that is appropriately succinct/detailed and effective for the relevant communication and for the relevant audience.
- All communications (both verbal and written) need to be of high-quality, concise, to the point, comprehensive, thoroughly-considered from all relevant angles, risk-based, and timely.
- Actions arising from monitoring activities are followed up in a timely manner and where necessary issues are escalated appropriately and through the use of effective communication methods.
- Manage the compliance monitoring work performed by the Firm’s Compliance Officers and provide them with relevant support, training and guidance, as and when appropriate to help them develop.› Using a risk-based approach, review the compliance monitoring work of the Firm’s Compliance Officers.
- Support the Compliance department with the development and implementation of its compliance training program taking into consideration, among other things, compliance monitoring review findings.
- Assist the Compliance department with writing up new and updating existing compliance-related policies and procedures taking into consideration, among other things, compliance monitoring review findings.
- Assist in the production of effective and timely management information for Senior Management, the Firm’s Committees and its Board of Directors.
- Represent Compliance in appropriate Firm Committees and/or Working Groups (e.g. Suitability Working Group).
- Using, as and where appropriate, available compliance or other IT systems, produce, maintain and update the necessary records that demonstrate satisfactory completion of the above-mentioned responsibilities.
- As part of performing the above mentioned responsibilities, identify and escalate relevant risks and ensure that identified risks are recorded in the Firm’s risk management systems together with sufficient and appropriate controls that aim to minimise the impact of such risks to a level that falls within the risk appetite defined by the Firm’s Senior Management and Board of Directors.› Assist in any other ad-hoc projects as required.
- With guidance and support, where appropriate, cover for other members of the team in their absence.
- Keep current on market conditions, applicable rules and regulations, SEI products and services, etc.
- Adhere to all relevant FCA and other requirements, policies and procedures.
- Degree (or equivalent) preferred› Extensive regulatory experience and/or experience of working in a compliance function, preferably in the asset management/servicing sector.
- Significant experience with, or excellent knowledge and understanding of rules and regulations associated with; Investment Advice, Discretionary Management, Fiduciary Management, Product Governance, Suitability, RDR, Inducements, Conflicts of Interest, Financial Promotions, Investment Processing (as an outsourced service provider and platform service provider), CASS, Outsourcing and Delegation, Order Handling & Execution, Transaction Reporting, EMIR, General Governance & Organisational Arrangements, Approved Persons, SMCR, Training & Competence, CRD IV and IFPRU Prudential requirements (as they apply to a Significant IFPRU Limited Licence Firm), ICAAP, IFPRU Remuneration Code, Breaches and Complaints Handling, FCA Notifications, FCA Reporting, Principal vs Agent, Record-Keeping, Data Protection / GDPR, and generally COBS, SYSC, SUP and MiFID II as they apply to the Firm’s regulated activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Strong ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail, including strong ability to analyse, document, simplify and effectively deal with complex technical and business matters and processes.
- Excellent management and leadership skills, including strong ability to manage more junior members of the compliance department and provide them with suitable support, training, feedback and guidance.
- Practical knowledge and effective application of IT systems including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Strong organisational, research, time management and project management skills including: (a) strong ability to prioritise work tasks, projects and activities taking into consideration the risks involved and internal or external deadlines, deliver on those deadlines without compromising quality and without generally having to be reminded of allocated responsibilities or work tasks; and (b) desire and strong ability to document and/or evidence work and support conclusions reached and/or advice given, in an effective and timely manner.
- Strong ability to work and interact effectively within a team.
- Strong desire and ability to generate and communicate new innovative ideas (e.g. RegTech) and/or adapt to different circumstances, whilst maintaining honesty and integrity, including actively listening and considering (to the extent appropriate) all relevant stakeholders’ views.
- Evidence of a clear desire to work in a dedicated Compliance role – Must be self-motivated, goal-oriented and able to work under pressure in a high volume/intensive environment, complete tasks in a time sensitive, professional and thorough manner, be able to communicate effectively at all levels, undertake assessments and provide clear feedback.