- Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
- Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
- Fulfill the requirements mandated Global ICRM Pillars: Compliance Annual Risk Assessment, Records Management, and Extra Territorial Requirements as applicable.
- Chair the Compliance Relationship meeting with the Retail Services business.
- Provide guidance to all business units within
- Canada Inc. with respect to regulatory compliance as it relates to the policies, practices, and initiatives the business engages in.
- Prepare and present, where required, Compliance reports for Business Risk Compliance and Control (BRCC), Business Executive Committee (EC) meetings and the quarterly Citi Cards Canada Inc. Board meetings as well as relevant regional governance forums.
- Review and approve all print and voice script material, including marketing materials and custom business letters, card holder agreements prior to delivery outside the organization to ensure materials meet regulatory requirements and do not place the business at risk of reputational damage.
- Perform day-to-day oversight, as second line of defense, of the activities of the GCB – Retail Services business to identify specific instances of regulatory non-compliance, ensuring timely escalation to the Country Chief Compliance Officer, Regional ICRM, and Business Management. Partner with the business to develop corrective action plans for compliance failures, track and assist in the resolution of open issues and report progress to the Chief Compliance Officer and business management through to closure/remediation of issues.
- Participate in business projects to identify potential compliance issues in a timely manner. Review technical project requests issued by the business to ensure changes do not create compliance issues. Participate in UAT for projects that may have a regulatory impact (i.e. changes to statements, new delivery channels).
- Partner with ICRM Compliance Assurance, in the development of Assurance of Reviews.
- With the Operational Risk Management team to identify regulatory gaps in Manager’s Control Assessment (MCA) program for Citi Retail Services and advise on the corrective action(s) to address.
- Perform Compliance monitoring and testing to ensure business compliance with regulatory and corporate policy requirements.
- Identify, escalate in a timely manner and take appropriate actions to remediate cases of non-compliance and to mitigate further non-compliance.
- Develop and execute compliance training through the Global Learning Management System and/or in-person training.
- Educate and communicate compliance awareness throughout the business through guidance and periodic bulletins.
- Proactively monitor the legal and regulatory environment to stay abreast of developments which could impact the business, communicate such developments and take a leadership role in projects to implement changes required as a result of such developments.
- As required, provide reports and deliverables to the Citi Canada Chief Country Compliance Officer and Regional Senior Management Cards ICRM.
- Periodically, perform functions outside the normal scope of the job when needed to support the mandate and objectives of the Canada Compliance team.
- Participate in ICRM Annual Risk Assessment (Canada and Regional) and Quarterly Managers Control Assessment
- Capacity to work in matrix reporting organizing with multiple stakeholder groups across more than one region.
- Development Value:
- Candidate will have opportunity to assume increased responsibilities based on knowledge/experience gained from tenure in role.
- 3-5 years of work experience in a Canadian financial institution (preferably credit cards); at least 3 years work experience in a compliance, legal or audit role.
- In-depth knowledge of statutory and regulatory obligations governing financial organizations in Canada.
- An understanding of operational risks and controls and the ability to independently conduct compliance reviews of products and processes.
- Well organized, detail-oriented self-starter, comfortable functioning in a complex environment and with minimal supervision.
- Strong team player with well-developed leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to establish and maintain a rapport with customers, regulators, auditors, and senior managers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to deliver effective presentations to wide audiences with diverse backgrounds.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and able to learn and apply new technology quickly.
- Impeccable personal and professional integrity.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs