The Senior Compliance Officer will undertake second line assurance activity in the form of compliance monitoring, to assess the adequacy of systems and controls in place across OMGI, including UK, Dublin and Cayman-based fund ranges, to mitigate against key regulatory and other review specific risk types.
The Senior Compliance Officer will undertake designated compliance monitoring and assurance within OMGI and will include compliance oversight on a risk basis of worldwide third-party investment advisors, third-party fund administrators, trustees/custodians, prime brokers, investment management, fund distributors and internal functions. It will follow the framework of a risk based compliance monitoring program and investigate any relevant material issues/exceptions.
The Senior Compliance Officer is responsible for:
- Undertaking risk-based compliance monitoring reviews as detailed within the risk based annual Compliance Monitoring Plan;
- Arrange, prepare and where necessary lead audits in line with the compliance monitoring plan;
- Prepare necessary reports including findings, actions for key stakeholders, covering monitoring exceptions and progress within the monitoring plan;
- Assist with preparation of reports to the OMGI Executive, regulated Boards and Audit/Risk Committees, highlighting any specific high risk areas, management of actions and progress against the compliance monitoring programme;
- Maintain awareness of global regulatory developments with regards to all OMGI activities;
- Assist the Head of Compliance Monitoring with the oversight of all FCA regulatory returns, ensuring effective dissemination and training of all relevant money laundering regulations and assist in any financial crime investigations and ensure OMGI has robust client asset controls in place; and
- Provide technical support and develop the wider compliance monitoring team to maximise added value and efficient use of resources.
Key Behavioural Skills
- Specific technical competencies
- Detailed knowledge of FCA /CBI/SFC/SEC regulations
- Detailed derivatives knowledge
- Detailed knowledge of Money Laundering regulations
- Graduate calibre, IMC or other industry equivalent