The Senior Compliance Analyst is a member of a Centre of Expertise (COE) within Canadian Division Compliance Shared Services. The COE has primary responsibility for transaction review and reporting within the Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing Program.
Perform functions related to Manulife’s Anti Money Laundering & Anti-Terrorist Financing (AML/ATF) Program:
- Use judgment and knowledge of money laundering patterns to assess whether transactions are suspicious; conduct investigations and make recommendations as to the appropriate course of action; draft suspicious transaction reports where required.
- Investigate and assess the risk of alerts identified by Manulife’s customer risk assessment tools. Maintain proper records and audit trail of investigation activity and disposition actions for all alerts.
- Prepare case reports for review outlining the depth of investigation activity, risk assessment, and recommended remediation actions.
- Prepare FINTRAC regulatory reporting within prescribed timeframes to ensure compliance obligations are met and financial penalties are not delivered by regulator.
- As an AML subject matter expert, provide direction and guidance to the business
- Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practices, criminal typologies and developing trends. Assist in identifying systemic procedural weaknesses and additional training enhancements for Manulife.
- Execute AML self-assessment testing and monitoring of functional areas;
- File Anti-Terrorist Financing reports as required by regulators
Documentation and Reporting:
- Responsible for the data collection, analysis and preparation of reports required for senior management, regulators, and other interested parties.
- Responsible for the management of AML Manager Transaction Monitoring and Case management tool.
- Responsible for reviewing, drafting and amending policies and procedures as required with respect to the COE.
- CAMs certification or within one year of hire
- CFE would be an asset
- Solid understanding of AML/ATF regulation and risk management
- 5+ years of AML/ATF experience
- Strong knowledge of the rules and regulations governing the financial services industry
- Solid ability to communicate complex information with the ability to clearly explain verbally and in writing issues and circumstances to all levels of staff and management
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Strong time management
- Excellent organizational, research, investigative and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Post-Secondary Education
- Ability to take responsibility and operate independently to ensure that compliance objectives are achieved.
- Must possess a professional attitude and adhere to a high ethical standard
- Strong knowledge of Manulife products processes and systems