Come grow with us
- At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it’s more than that. It’s smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
- Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You’ll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you’ll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
- Capital Group’s Human Resources organization drives the people dimension of our business strategy. We have over 200 Human Resources associates around the world and we work collectively to evolve our culture, strengthen our organization, engage our associates, and drive superior service.
- As a Senior Benefits Consultant based in our Los Angeles office, you will be a key member of the benefits team and responsible for leading all administration facets of Capital’s retirement savings plan, which includes an extremely unique company-funded retirement plan. You will manage the coordination between benefits, payroll, and the third party administrator to ensure effective plan operations. You will also be responsible for overseeing compliance requirements associated with our health and welfare plans such as nondiscrimination testing, FAS liability and Form 5500 reporting. You will have an opportunity to make recommendations for technical and process enhancements to better meet business goals and objectives.
- Ensures the retirement savings plan is operating in accordance with the plan document and facilitates the auditing of retirement savings plan data or content for accuracy, completeness, and quality control
- Acts as Benefits’ retirement savings plan lead with the external vendor and internal partners (HR, payroll) to coordinate, test and implement system enhancements and other projects
- Oversees annual retirement savings plan communications compliance, leveraging corporate communications and legal; validates messaging is consistent across all channels (internal resources, external vendor website)
- Ensures meaningful reporting and analytics on retirement savings plan
- Coordinates communication and efforts between external auditors, internal accounting, and payroll during completion of the annual Form 5500 report for the retirement savings plan
- Consults on associate and retirement savings plan operation and administration issues and makes recommendations to management team on problem resolution
- Participates in annual nondiscrimination testing of health and welfare plans to demonstrate satisfaction of all testing requirements
- Partners with external consultants as well as internal finance, benefits and payroll teams to ensure completion of annual FAS liability testing
- Partners with internal benefits team and finance on the Form 5500 report and related schedules for health and welfare plans
- Participates on other ad-hoc projects or broader initiatives on behalf of benefits
- 5+ years of experience in retirement plan administration and/or benefits consulting
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise on ERISA, IRS and DOL regulations regarding qualified plans
- Exceptional analytical, process management and facilitation skills with the demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects across multiple teams
- An energetic self-starter with initiative and the ability to work as part of a collaborative team in an environment that values professional excellence and results
- Strong listening and consulting skills with the willingness to challenge and question the status quo and recommend viable alternative solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field strongly preferred
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs