Are you interested in helping solve today’s most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, the company serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at the company.
Assist with planning, executing and reporting financial, operational and compliance related audits/projects to facilitate compliance with federal laws, corporate standards and generally accepted accounting principles. Senior Internal Auditors are expected to fully demonstrate generalized knowledge of the mortgage industry and the company business operations and to pursue specialized functional area expertise in one or more areas.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Successfully perform all key job functions of the Internal Auditor role at a higher level of complexity, scope and autonomy.
- Coordinate and lead audit team meetings to discuss the audit plan, including audit background, preliminary objectives/scope (identified during the Annual Audit Planning process), audit budget, audit execution schedule, affected departments, contacts and expectations. Take ownership and independently manage subsets of audits with minimal oversight from Audit Manager/Director. Conduct first-level review of Internal Auditor work and documentation; leverage Internal Audit Manager/Director guidance as needed.
- Review audit documentation; begin to determine risks and the potential impact of risks on the organization. Perform root cause analysis on exceptions identified during audits. Validate and document Risk Control Matrix; write test procedures based on Risk Control Matrix. Draft audit reports; revise and finalize with Audit Manager/Director. Write ICIs, discuss with audit management and validate issues with customers; assist with additional report writing as needed.
- Assist with tracking results of prior audits, identifying audit themes across organizations and determining if appropriate corrective action has been taken regarding significant audit concerns. Contribute to strengthening and improving the governance, risk and control environment of the organization; share issues, ideas and recommendations with the Internal Audit Manager/Director and Internal Audit teams.
- Provide informal, day-to-day coaching and guidance to Internal Auditors. Share knowledge of specialty areas to build knowledge and capabilities across Internal Audit.
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners at the manager and staff levels. Provide advice and share Internal Audit knowledge with business partner managers and staff to strengthen governance, risk and control environments, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- 3+ years of related experience
- Must have a CIA or CPA
- FRM/PRM preferred
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must have a CIA or CPA
- Planning and performing risk-based audits in large and complex organizations
- Understanding of fundamental risk management concepts with experience assessing risks
- Ability to research, synthesize information, and draw fact-based conclusions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience collaborating across team boundaries and working in a team-based environment
Please feel to email resumes to Jack Kelly at Jack@ComplianceSearch.com