As a Senior Auditor, this position:
- Works principally with a team (but on occasion individually). Manages and supervises the work of other audit team member.
- Engages in the risk-based internal audit activities for the Company, including reviewing and critiquing financial, operational, and compliance controls;
- Assists audit management in the proper planning, execution, and wrap‑up of various financial and operational audits across all Realogy business units.
- Performs engagement planning, audit fieldwork, and reporting activities for each audit entity under review.
- Evaluates the design and operating effectiveness of key controls over financial reporting as required by Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, as needed.
- Conducts a thorough analysis as problem areas are discovered.
- Participates and/or leads a variety of internal projects, special projects, research initiatives, etc.
- Assists audit management in the development and enforcement of the Department’s policies, procedures, and standards.
- Involves limited travel (≤ 25%).
- Ensure that the audit is conducted in an acceptable manner consistent with the Department’s and Company’s policies, well as The Institute of Internal Auditors’ (The IIA) International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF).
- Ensure that proper planning is performed for each audit engagement assignment by:
- Conducting a risk assessment for the audit entity under review and soliciting guidance from audit management as needed.
- Determining audit scope and objectives and soliciting guidance from audit management as needed.
- Identifying and incorporating accounting, auditing and operational issues into the planned scope of work.
- Determining the nature, timing and extent of audit testing required to satisfy the audit objectives and address risks and issues noted.
- Ensuring appropriate communications are made with the audit clients well in advance of the audit fieldwork to ensure timely receipt of requested information and to minimize the use of the audit clients’ time while on site.
- Performing advance preparation during the audit planning process to ensure that the audit objectives will be accomplished during the execution of fieldwork.
- Ensure that engagement audit planning is completed in a thorough and timely manner and is properly documented. During the planning phase, the following should be obtained and/or completed:
- Risk assessment and scoping summary
- Standard and/or tailored audit programs, where applicable
- Organizational charts
- Financial information
- Policies and procedures manual
- Process flowcharts and/or narratives
- Other pertinent documents
- Identify and document financial statement exposures, internal control deficiencies, operational inefficiencies and/or opportunities for improvement.
- Manage and monitor the progress of the audit engagement, prioritize the workload of the audit team, and identify any necessary changes to the audit plan as the engagement progresses.
- Manage and supervise the work of all staff auditors and/or senior auditors assigned to the engagement.
- Perform detailed process walkthroughs and testing of all in-scope audit areas (with or without additional staff).
- Ensure that all work papers are completed and reviewed prior to the issuance of the final audit report.
- Follow-up on reported audit observations and perform appropriate testing as necessary.
- Be effective in communicating audit results, both verbally and in writing, so they are persuasive, placed in the appropriate context, and understood by the recipient.
- Complete and issue the draft audit report on a timely basis following the completion of fieldwork. Incorporate management’s responses and action plans into the final audit report.
- Finalize and archive engagement workpapers upon the distribution of the final audit report to BU and Realogy senior management.
- Perform appropriate follow-up procedures on all outstanding audit issues related to engagement assignments. Assist audit management in monitoring remediation efforts to ensure reported audit issues are addressed by management in a timely manner.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: The job requirements of a Senior Auditor are as follows:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of The IIA’s IPPF and COSO internal control framework.
- Solid knowledge of accounting, risk-based auditing, and audit methodologies
- Must be a team-oriented individual and able to supervise other audit team members.
- Must be able to draft and modify risk-based audit programs and procedures as needed.
- Must have excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills as this role will be working closely with internal teams, audit clients, and other relevant parties.
- Must be able to manage audit project assignments from start to finish and make recommendations to resolve any issues and increase efficiencies.
- Must be able to multi-task and participate in various projects and completing them in an accurate and timely manner.
- Possess strong task management, attention to detail and prioritization skills. Demonstrated ability to follow-through on all assigned tasks and take on additional work, as needed.
- Experience in utilizing automated audit tools (e.g. ACL, IDEA, TeamMate, etc.) preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word, etc.).
- Ability to do overnight travel for audits both domestically and internationally. This may include flying as well as driving to and from various office locations.
Education, Experience, and Certifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field of study. Advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years relevant audit experience in public accounting and/or internal auditing.
- Strongly prefer candidate with background in a “Big Four” accounting firm or Fortune 500 company with demonstrated advanced knowledge of internal control concepts and risk-based audit techniques.
- Minimum of one certification from any of the following acceptable professional designations: Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent (i.e., Chartered Accountant). CPA and/or CIA preferred.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs