The position could also be based in Tampa, FL or Fort Mill, SC
A global bank and diversified financial institution seeks a Senior Audit Manager for Compliance and Anti-Money Laundering.
This role directs the timely delivery of complex high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of the firm and their affiliates and of the companies respective regulators, globally.
This role will contribute to the scoping and execution of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Consent Order Validation coverage in accordance with established Internal Audit (IA) methodology and professional auditing standards, legal entity governance reporting, and other issue validation audits.
The candidate should have functional knowledge of local regulatory compliance and AML programs that have been established to comply with the U.S. and in-country regulatory requirements, Transaction monitoring systems, the firms policies and procedures, provisions and guidelines established by the US Treasury Department and other relatory agencies as related to prohibited activities, money laundering and financing of terrorism, and all applicable regulations governing local banking activities and operations. The candidate must have working knowledge of regulatory requirements and the related risks and controls and demonstrate the ability to work with senior management and lead audit team execution.
- Develops and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and policies.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation and (where appropriate, branch examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
- Directs complex audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan.
- Applies comprehensive expertise in one or more of the corporation’s businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology. Closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business
- Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high risk areas including: project/program management; regulatory compliance or supplier management.
- Interacts with regulators on a frequent basis
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues. Analyzes reporting findings; Recommends appropriate interventions where needed. Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
- Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews, including the most complex.
- Reviews and approves Business Monitoring Quarterly Summaries.
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
- Senior level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding Internal Audit, with emphasis in AML, including AML Topics such as: AML programs, CDD, KYC, transaction monitoring disciplines, such as scenario development, alert analysis, optimization and segmentation, AML investigations and SAR decisions, plus Risk Assessments and Sanctions.
- Demonstrates experience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and ‘no surprises’ approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at Jack@ComplianceSearch.com