- We are currently seeking talented Senior Attorney – Corporate Governance for our San Antonio, TX facility.
- USAA is looking for a Senior Attorney to join the Enterprise Governance Counsel team which provides legal oversight of USAA’s comprehensive corporate governance framework. This position will report to the Assistant Vice President, Enterprise Governance Counsel and will be responsible for providing legal oversight and counsel regarding the enterprise policy program and management committee governance. The Senior Attorney will provide legal advice on corporate policy development including drafting policy and procedure guidelines, and providing legal review of adherence and testing programs. The Senior Attorney will also oversee and provide legal advice with respect to the enterprise-wide management committee structure, operations and related processes. This position is responsible for ensuring that the policy and committee governance frameworks are in compliance with applicable law, regulatory expectations and USAA’s Risk Appetite. The role will need to partner effectively with senior business leaders and control partners.
- Knowledge of the federal regulatory requirements and expectations for policies, procedures, and management committees is preferred.
- Applies advanced knowledge to mitigate legal, regulatory, compliance and litigation risk to USAA businesses.
- Engages and collaborates with other legal experts within the company and at times outside counsel.
- May work with outside counsel or contract professionals to complete assignments.
- Provides solution-oriented legal advice and counsel to internal clients to support business objectives.
- May assist more senior attorneys in providing advice and counsel on highly complex matters.
- Responsible for analyzing the application of laws and regulations and preparing recommendations and/or documents to support the organization.
- Applies advanced knowledge regarding relevant business, industry, and area of legal specialty.
- Handles complex negotiations, drafting and document creation, and matter resolution.
- Ensures escalation of matters presenting more significant risk to more senior attorneys.
- May assist more senior attorneys with the preparation of defense positions for highly complex litigation.
- Participates in and may lead cross-function initiatives. Serves as a resource to less experienced team members.
- May provide research, factual information, counsel and guidance on legal questions or issues, in support of more senior attorneys.
- JD from an accredited law school
- Admitted to the practice law in one state or a territory of the USA
- Active member of good standing of the bar in at least one state or territory
- 8+ years experience practicing law within legal area of expertise
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level
- When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Large financial services firm or regulated industry experience
- Experience providing legal advice to business and control partners on management committee structure, operations, processes and requirements
- Experience providing legal advice on policies (corporate, employment, financial, etc.) and policy governance
- Experience drafting policy, procedures, committee guidelines and charters
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs