Our client, an international financial services firm, is looking to hire an Anti-Money Laundering OFAC Compliance Analyst.
• Responsible for the COAT application for third party funds in the firm: sight check names and addresses, determine status, and provide feedback, as needed
• Coordinate with Relationship Management, Risk Management, and Operations, on an as needed basis, to maintain the integrity of the COAT application database.
• Provide data analysis and develop reports
• Maintain existing reports and streamline/optimize to reduce error rates and improve overall accuracy
• Create control measures to improve data integrity and security of frequently used reports
• Conduct OFAC and AML investigations; update sanctions screening lists; manage the bi-weekly 314(a) FinCEN process
• Complete various internal reports and escalate findings, as needed, to senior management
• Conduct KYC due diligence, data mining and research as directed by more senior members of the Compliance team, as needed. Prepare analysis in exercising professional discretion
• Respond to customer requests and inquiries related to the submission of new third party funds
Records Information Management / Relationship Management
• Obtain annual AML documentation and required Compliance Questionnaires from members; track status of outstanding requests, respond to member inquiries, liaise with Relationship Management, and report results to senior management
• Act as the gatekeeper for all processes related to RIM, including implementation and management for Compliance Division matters related to the SharePoint application
• Ad-hoc projects/data analysis as assigned.
• 1-2 Years of experience in financial services
• Bachelor’s Degree, Baccalaureate, GCE, or equivalent
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and its functions is essential, specifically, data mining, data import/export, working with delimited files, models and macros
• Visual Basic for Excel
• Familiarity with KYC/AML/OFAC Compliance and Business Intelligence/Data Analytics Software
• Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), or willing to pass the exam within six months of hire
• Experience working with FX, payments, correspondent banking, equity or derivatives business would be advantageous
• Compliance experience and a CAMS certification are a plus.
• Exposure to mutual funds, hedge funds, pension funds or other money pools is helpful
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong Interpersonal skills
• Ability to relate directly, openly and effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
• Understands the importance of confidentiality and maintains confidentiality at all times
• Interpersonal agile and approachable; able to build and maintain solid relationships
• Ability to work independently on routine matters but open to guidance and supervision
• Ability to support and foster a culture of Compliance
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly – JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com