We are seeking a Senior Analyst, Capital Markets & Investments, based at Western Union’s global headquarters in Englewood/Denver, Colorado. In this role, you will provide analytical support to the Treasury Capital Markets & Investments team, whose responsibilities include: strategy and execution for capital structure, share repurchase, dividends, investments, derivatives and risk management. Additional group responsibilities include: bank relationship management, rating agency relationship management, treasury and financing analysis for M&A activities, cost of capital analysis, financial statement reviews, among others.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
- Preparation of key presentations to senior management, Board of Directors and rating agencies;
- Valuation and cost of capital analysis;
- Analysis of capital structure and shareholder return strategies;
- Analysis of strategies used in conjunction with the portfolios and overall corporate interest rate risk management;
- Stock repurchase programs including reconciliation of stock option exercises and company stock purchases as well as interfaces with Accounting.
- Forecasting initiatives, variance analysis and analysis of interest expense and income;
- Analyzing, reporting and tracking of bank relationships;
- Developing, identifying, analyzing and implementing process improvements for the capital markets team;
- Additionally, successful candidate may act as a liaison between Treasury and other departments such as Accounting and Financial Reporting on internal and external reporting matters. Examples may include: forecasting interest expense and interest income, validating information for public disclosures;
- Successful candidate will also perform other duties as assigned.
What you will need to succeed:
- Level of Education: 4 year college degree in analytically related discipline (type of degree could include Finance, Economics, Math, Engineering) – MBA or progress towards preferred, CFA or progress towards preferred;
- 2-5 years of progressive analytical modeling experience in Finance / Treasury / Banking / Investments;
- Highly advanced Excel based financial modeling and computer skills are required – expert Excel and PowerPoint skills.
What will make you stand out:
- Creative thinker, advanced analytical and math skills: ability to analyze and solve new problems from scratch and create original financial models in Excel;
- Successful candidate must demonstrate good working knowledge of financial theory (economics, capital structure, WACC, derivatives, portfolio management, company valuations, etc.) and the ability to apply it;
- Strong organizational, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills required;
- Attention to detail: thorough and accurate;
- Ability to consistently deliver results quickly and to manage time efficiently;
- Self-starter: proactive approach, foreseeing issues and planning accordingly while remaining results oriented.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive global pay and benefits;
- Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career;
- Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries.