- Run PeopleSoft (i.e. allocations) and HFM (i.e. consolidation) processes and accurately prepare well-documented journal entries and account reconciliations as assigned for month-end / quarter-end within the established close deadline.
- Adequately review journal entries or reconciliations pertaining to the current month-end before the start of the next month-end. Ensure that journal entries and account reconciliations are properly supported.
- Ensure that adequate preparation is done outside of critical time periods.
- Participate and be actively engaged in quarterly MT certifications.
- Provide reporting package to meeting participants at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled meeting time.
- Provide leadership and mentoring of the Accounting Department interns.
- Coordinate and determine daily workload of the intern to ensure that resources are being effectively and efficiently utilized to accomplish the highest priority projects across the department.
- Deliver timely and accurate SEC reports each quarter while attaining the highest possible level of disclosure quality as well as compliance with the CME Group’s documentation and Sarbanes-Oxley standards.
- Ensure that audit requests for international, benefit plan, and non-profit audits are prepared accurately and provided on a timely basis.
- Serve as the accounting liaison for non-profit liaisons in addressing their accounting needs and providing them with the monthly financial package for their respective non-profit entities.
- Ensure that assigned government filings are accurate and are completed on a timely basis.
- Work closely with international auditors to coordinate requests and ensure completion of audited financial statements.
- Ensure completion of special projects as they are assigned by Management (projects may include leading the integration of acquired companies, both foreign and domestic, as applicable, process improvements, evaluation and/or assistance with the implementation of new software tools, or other ad hoc requests).
- Troubleshoot PeopleSoft/HFM issues, make recommendations for resolution and/or optimization, test upgrades or new releases.
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting. MBA or Masters in Accounting or working toward preferred.
- 5-7 years of work experience in public accounting or industry (financial services industry experience (exchange, brokerage, trading firm, commercial banking or private equity) is a plus).
- CPA or working toward is preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word. PeopleSoft and Hyperion experience is a plus.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs