This position will be responsible for maintaining and reporting accurate and timely financial information as well as be involved extensively in the month-end close process and financial statement review.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of general ledger account analyses, reconciliations and monthly reporting and audit requirements.
- Preparation of all required journal entries including accruals, expenses, deferred revenue, etc.
- Analyze revenue, sales commissions and expenses on a monthly basis to ensure they are recorded appropriately.
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances.
- Record daily cash receipt and cash disbursement transactions in the general ledger system.
- Bank account reconciliations.
- Reconciliation of intercompany balances.
- Fixed Asset processing and reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of sales tax filings.
- Assist in the documentation of accounting policies and procedures, including the ability to recommend and implement process improvements.
- Assist with maintaining effective internal controls.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Creation of financial and adhoc reports using Great Plains BI360 report systems.
- BA in accounting and 3-4 years of progressive accounting experience.
- NYS CPA license is desired, but not mandatory.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and multi-tasking skills with attention to detail.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
- Great Plains experience required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.