The Global Security Admin provides hands-on technical support to complex and detailed information security and application issues. This position provides technical assistance, project management, and maintenance of a variety of corporate applications. This individual ensures and assists with the proper provisioning, modifications, and de-provisioning of IT access for all Jefferies users.
- Work with application teams to establish and document requirements to manage company applications
- Ensure and assist with providing the exact level of access to applications corporate-wide
- Identify and evaluate technical and application security issues to continuously improve the organization’s security posture
- Create and utilize application runbooks to ensure that application access is provisioned/de-provisioned properly
- Provide accurate and timely application support to all users
- Provide input on application management procedures and make recommendations for workflow
- Assist users with timely feedback on all application issues directed to GSA
- Demonstrates strong trouble-shooting skills in complex communication environments
- Communicate cross functionally to gain consensus – works diligently to build an understanding with balanced participation
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills – able to reason, think analytically and derive core concepts
- Ability to develop, communicate, and coordinate project plans and projects. Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and be a team leader and facilitate brainstorming sessions.
- Ability to make timely recommendations to effectively solve problems, using independent judgment consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations, and/or law.
- Professionally exercises discretion and independent judgment in day-to-day work
- Bachelor degree (or higher) in IT related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience working in a corporate environment, supporting the end-user community as well as application stakeholders
- Working knowledge of application & infrastructure security concepts (Network Security, Password Management, and Access Control).
- Experience with the Joiner/Mover/Leaver process, creating accounts on systems such as Active Directory, Exchange, corporate applications
- Experience with ticketing systems for the creation, management and completion of application requests
- Exceptional communication skills and writing proficiency
- Data Loss Prevention technologies
- Familiarity with Service Management concepts and ITIL framework
- Experience with managing access for banking and trading applications
- RSA SecurID administration
- Ability to prioritize competing work assignments and initiative to complete tasks.
- Detailed with the ability to think critically
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills