In addition to successfully managing the day to day operations of U.S. Tax, you will also be a thought leader and SME whose influence extends across clients, regulators and third party vendors by providing leadership and expertise both internally and externally.
- Understanding regulatory requirements related to cost basis, FATCA, AEoI and other IRS reporting requirements.
- Provide subject matter and technical expertise and build collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ensure the smooth, effective operation of the divisions product delivery, escalation and resolution of high exposure items, maintenance of proper standards and controls, and appropriate resource allocation
- Manage toward results through deductive reasoning, interpreting Income and Corporate Action events and their material impact to Tax Reporting obligations.
- Providing analysis of complex issues and creation of new processes, systems or products/services for area of responsibility.
- Communicating and ensuring the team is properly aligned with division strategy, goals, and objectives
- Attracting, developing, and engaging direct managers and staff by setting timely and challenging performance standards, goals, and development plans
- Develop and maintain a culture of results oriented, collaborative culture of thought leadership, continuous process improvement, exceptional client service, and solutions.
- Ensuring Tax activities within area of control do not present investment exposure or financial risk to BBH
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 5 years function-specific/management experience
- Able to understand a regulatory landscape and related areas (CA, TS, Income, TA, FA , WM etc) as it relates to compliance execution
- Product development and implementation
- Can deal with ambiguity and creatively problem solve to achieve results.
- Demonstrated experience managing conflict and confronting barriers to success.
- Can motivate others to achieve organizational vision and purpose.
- Can build effective teams, leveraging shared strengths
- Effective written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to handle presentations of project plans and business cases.
- Experience in business analysis and process improvement.
- Desire to improve operational procedures.
- Ability to coordinate cross-office initiatives