JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- William Blair is seeking experienced High Yield Sales people to join its Debt Capital Markets group. Successful applicants can be based in either the firm’s Chicago headquarters or regional offices.
- The successful candidate will have established relationships with institutional debt buyers, especially qualified institutional buyers, and a history of successful revenue generation. We seek candidates who are proficient at establishing successful, long-term account relationships and are well experienced marketing new-issues of non-investment grade debt.
- The High Yield Salesperson will effectively represent our inventory items and market new issues to clients. High Yield Sales people relate customer inquiry to the trading desk and to fellow salesmen. They also query clients for bond sale opportunities that correspond to other salespeople’s needs. This requires working closely with our trading desk and desk research analyst to identify trade opportunities and collaborating with other members of the Debt Capital Markets team.
- For new issues, High Yield Sales people are responsible for presenting new high yield bond offerings to clients, engaging client accounts in new issue marketing/road shows and for eliciting interest in new issues.
- Three years+ of experience in high yield bond sales (or non-investment grade leveraged loans).
- Strong existing client relationships, with history of consistent revenue generation.
- Ability to generate revenue/trades through pitching trade ideas.
- Demonstrated history of successfully cultivating new institutional client relationships.
- Experience marketing new issues (high yield bonds or non-investment grade leveraged loans).
- Excellent understanding of Corporate Bonds and Fixed Income products.
- Ability to sell, analyze, use market data and investor feedback to formulate trading ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Outstanding leadership skills; track record of success and high performance.
- Delivers clear, effective oral and written communication.
- Series 7 and 63 licenses required (within 90 days of hire).
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs