Manage the work of a unit whose staff assess, draft, and/or update corporate risk policies. Communicate these policies to pertinent business units and evaluate their compliance with the policies. Accumulate data indicating success of policies and degrees of compliance and report to senior management. May prepare reports on policies, their utility and compliance with them to regulatory agencies.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage the development of varied risk management policies, concerned with variety of risk such as operational, market, credit, counterparty, and the like. Communicate standards and methodology for direct reports.
- Confer with management of unit(s) for which risk policies are being developed, in order to understand business processes and operating conditions. Confer with unit and senior management to develop standards for developing the corporation’s risk policies.
- Confer with counterparts in regulatory agencies in order to understand agency concerns, receive agency interpretations of specific risk management regulatory requirements, and to be able to prepare reports that are responsive to agency expectations.
- Conduct, or supervise the conduct of reviews of operating unit performance that assess how practices and operations conform to regulatory requirements. May review large and complex quantitative reports that document unit performance.
- Manage the development and presentation of positions, recommendation, and metrics for senior management.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Manage the performance of subordinate staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of operational risk framework required
- Previous managerial experience required
- Previous experience with policy, standards or procedure development required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong collaboration and consensus building skills
- Previous experience supporting senior management governance committees, a plus
- Mortgage experience, a plus