What we do at Asthma UK really matters. The better, deeper and longer relationship we have with people with asthma and their long-term condition, the more lives we save. It’s that simple. Through this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make a real difference on a massive scale for the one in five households affected by asthma.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Has experience of creating, implementing and managing processes that support and enable compliance
- Has experience in managing and developing risk management strategies
- Is a confident self starter, effective at planning and prioritising workload
- Understands the particular pressures of working in a small / medium sized organisation with the ability to engage in detail of operational implementation as well as to take a strategic view
- Probably has a legal or accounting background with the solid experience of structured reporting and project management inherent in those disciplines
If that sounds like you and you want to bring your insight, knowledge and passion into an environment where it will make a real difference, namely stopping asthma attacks and curing asthma, this is the role for you. We are committed to supplying the best possible experience to those who can benefit from our support, then translating this experience into financial support so we can continue to save lives. Our board and senior team are externally recognised for their commitment to digital innovation in achieving our mission.
What the role involves:
- Overseeing a comprehensive policy framework and implementation which supports effective risk management as well as regulatory compliance
- Building strong relationships with the business to ensure division of responsibilities between that and the Compliance function is well understood and operates effectively in practise.
- Provide effective training and guidance to colleagues to strengthen the approach to compliance and risk management, and building relevant skills and capabilities across teams
- Conduct periodic reviews or audits of internal processes and those at Asthma UK’s 3rd party suppliers
- Review and advise on contracts to ensure Asthma UK’s business interests are protected
- Prepare reports for senior management and trustees regarding compliance and risk management