Reporting to the Senior Manager Risk and Special Projects, you will work together with the various business lines to identify and reduce the Company’s overall risk exposure, this position requires you to work across a variety of knowledge areas; manage and communicate with stakeholders by growing and delivering consistent, quality risk-based knowledge in support of the Company. The position requires flexibility and agility as there are a variety of activities required of this role related to risk and reporting that will be assigned.
- Understanding externally imposed regulations and standards, and translating them into actionable internal compliance plans.
- Interacting with our customer-facing associates to assess external customer compliance needs, and translating them into internal compliance plans.
- Working under the direction of IACS team members to plan and deliver readiness assessment and remediation, testing and certification, tracking and ongoing monitoring, to ensure compliance needs and goals are met.
- Receiving, researching, responding to and reporting on customer compliance requests
- Working with the Manager, Business Continuity to help facilitate meeting customer and organizational business continuity needs
- Developing familiarity with the COSO 2013 and COBIT control frameworks
- Developing familiarity with GAAP and SEC/SOX/CSA internal control and disclosure requirements.
- Supporting various financial reporting, operational and regulatory audits including supporting individual audits, working with other audit staff both directly and on a pooled basis, performing tests designed by a senior member of the team under the guidance of a senior analyst and reporting on the results.
- Managing engagement performance in accordance with predefined deadlines, reporting progress
- Preparing audit reports and preparing and reviewing working papers that support opinions and recommendations to improve process, system and control deficiencies.
- Under the supervision of Management, support IACS’s participation in various aspects of our acquisition and integration processes
- Supporting the development and evolution of the organization’s enterprise risk management process
- Working with Management to identify and assess how best to address high priority risks.
- Performing risk assessment interviews with management, under the direction of senior team members.
- Supporting the development of reports destined for audit management, business management and the board.
- Risk Management, Compliance or Internal Audit experience
- Risk, Accounting and/or Audit related designation such as CA, CPA, CISA, CIA, CISSP, CRISC or CBCP (if does not have one, should expect to pursue)
- Generally requires university degree
- 2-5 years minimum overall related experience
- Developing familiarity with the COSO control framework and COBIT
- Working knowledge of GAAP and SEC/SOX/CSA internal control and disclosure requirements
- Good report writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Works with a sense of professional curiosity and skepticism
- Ability to maintain confidentiality surrounding items of a confidential/sensitive nature
- Up to 20% travel may be required