MinterEllison’s Risk Management team is led by the General Counsel and is responsible for the implementation of the Firm’s risk management framework and policies. They are also responsible for monitoring the Firm’s compliance with best practice standards.
Reporting to the Associate Director –Risk, your role will be integral to delivering the firm’s internal audit program and its risk and compliance training program, and assisting with managing conflicts. This is a position of trust offering an opportunity to directly experience a training role and influence audit and risk outcomes.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- conducting a variety of internal audits
- co-ordinating and delivering training at various levels of our business
- maintaining accurate compliance record databases to support the Risk Management team’s objectives
- administering information barriers
- reporting to, and assisting, the Associate Director – Risk in day to day responsibilities and program delivery.
What you need
Ideally, you will have at least 2 years risk and compliance experience within a professional services organisation or you are a recent law graduate who would like an opportunity to consider an alternative career in the profession. You will also:
- demonstrate the integrity and discretion deserving of this position of trust
- have strong attention to detail
- be self motivated and have an ability to set and manage your own targets and workloads
- have a demonstrated proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook (experience with Lotus Notes and Microsoft Access proficiency is desirable but not necessary).