Our client, a banking and financial services firm, is looking to hire a Retail & Commercial Banking Compliance Officer. The Retail & Commercial Banking Compliance Officer will oversee the formulation, drafting, implementation, dissemination, updating and maintenance of such processes and procedures to ensure that the company and its employees are in compliance with regulatory, company policies, and Corporate Regulatory Compliance requirements or directives to ensure that the bank achieves optimum compliance with all federal and state consumer protection laws.
Responsible for overseeing the regulatory consumer compliance program is implemented within bank business lines to ensure proper identification, mitigating, and reporting of consumer regulatory risks. This position also supervises the CRA function.
- Monitor consumer protection regulatory activity that impacts the bank in line with the Corporate Regulatory Compliance change management program.
- Advise impacted business lines of new laws and regulations.
- Implement consumer protection regulatory changes by distributing appropriate forms, policies, procedures and dissemination of information and participating in implementation working groups.
- Evaluate product development and changes in line with corporate policy to identify regulatory consumer risk and formulate mitigating controls.
- Evaluate third party consumer risk in accordance to corporate policies and procedures
- Ensure all marketing material, forms, disclosures and other communications with customers adhere to applicable laws.
- Manage the corporate UDAAP, Fair Lending and Regulatory complaints’ escalation program; ensure adequacy and timeliness of responses to regulatory complaints received from the CFPB, FRB, NYDFS and other regulatory banking agencies.
- Keep updated the regulatory consumer compliance and CRA risk assessment and ensure action plans are implemented.
- Manage the consumer compliance and CRA training program.
- Coordinate regulatory examinations deliverables and in conjunction with Corporate Regulatory Compliance manage examinations from the FRB, CFPB and NYDFS.
- Establish and monitor action plans with the business lines to correct compliance deficiencies identified by external and internal reviews, audits, and examinations.
- Ensure CRA program is updated as necessary to maintain adequate levels of eligible activity, monitor activity level against goals and report deficiencies to senior management for determination of corrective action or initiatives.
- Effective organizational, decision-maker, problem solving, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation and project management skills.
- Ability to understand and analyze laws and regulations.
- Ability to effectively train staff, supervise and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established timeframes.
- Computer literate; fluency in Microsoft Office programs and Excel with an understanding of database technology.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships both internally and externally.
- Actively coach and develop employees; continuously improve the processes and procedures to achieve high performance, productivity and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration combined with a minimum of five years performing related tasks.
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly – JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com