A top global bank seeks a Compliance Director for their extensive Retail Branch System.
This important position will be a key member of the U.S. Retail Bank, Small Business and Horizontal Compliance Team. The Retail Bank Branch Compliance Director will report directly into the Managing Director of Compliance for these businesses, and will have broad, critical responsibilities to support the business and drive enhancements to our Compliance Management System (CMS).
This critical role will include:
• Leadership of U.S. Retail Branch Compliance team (two Senior Vice Presidents, one Assistant Vice President) responsible for answering compliance requests from a 700-branch network in relation to compliance issues, OFAC and AML.
• Leadership of the U.S. Small Business Compliance Team (one Senior Vice President and one Vice President).
• Lead as the SME on the following regulations as they affect the U.S. retail banking environment: ADA, Regulation P, Right to Financial Privacy Act, FCRA (affiliate marketing, deposit bureau reporting, deposit bureau disputes, Red Flags, ID Theft), FDIC insurance, and state-level Elder Abuse laws.
• Participate in Compliance Annual Risk Assessment (CARA) process and Regulatory Control Matrix (RCM) program analysis, reviewing risks and business controls against regulatory requirements.
• Serve as the MCA assessment coordinator for U.S. Retail branch and Consumer Banking MCAs in regards to regulatory risk and identification of KRIs.
• Drive compliance reviews, approvals, and follow-ups needed to appropriately address new or materially changed processes, products, and branch initiatives, interfacing as needed with Compliance colleagues in Fair Lending and Treating Customers Fairly programs.
• Serve as the Mandatory Absence compliance coordinator for the U.S. Retail branch network.
• Actively support regulatory examinations, reviews, and regular updates to the Consumer Federal Protection Bureau and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, as appropriate, as well as reviews by Internal Audit and Compliance Testing related to the covered businesses.
• Manage the development and implementation of a compliance monitoring program in relation to regulatory functions performed by branches inclusive of source/cause analysis, and evaluation of issue resolution inclusive of CAP evaluation.
• Create and validate appropriate training curricula for the U.S. Retail branch network in regards to compliance functions and required training for areas of SME oversight.
• Serve as a liaison between AML Advisory/Sanctions and branch AML/Sanctions functions in regards to development of appropriate technology improvements to enhance the banks KYC data capture and other AML regulatory reports such as SAR/CTR and OFAC account approvals.
• Provide compliance support for Inclusive Finance which offers banking services to customers of not-for-profit programs to enhance banking/savings capability for low income individuals/families.
• Drive oversight of issue management and resolution for SME regulations and branch regulatory issues.
• 10+ year’s compliance or related experience in financial services industry or bank regulatory agency with knowledge of consumer banking regulations, digital banking services, and the expectations of regulators for an effective compliance management program.
• Bachelor’s Degree Required.
• Knowledge of consumer businesses and consumer banking products and services.
• In-depth understanding of laws and regulations pertaining to U.S. retail banking and related concepts/processes, including operationalizing and executing against centrally set programs standards on ADA, Elder Abuse, FCRA, Privacy, and FDIC insurance.
• Ability to work successfully in a matrixed environment.
• Knowledge of the requirements of an effective Compliance Management System.
• Excellent people management, collaboration, and presentation skills, including ability to navigate across a broader geography with reports and partners in multiple locations.
• Excellent judgment, with capability to “think on feet” and spot issues, prioritize triage, and direct expeditiously, including in complex situations.
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly – JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com
Also, please feel free to call me at 212.997.3166.