Biogen is seeking an experienced business lawyer with a solid background in pharmaceutical product research and development. This attorney will be accountable for legal expertise and business counseling on matters relating to research and development activities, program and alliance management, drug safety, regulatory approval and labeling, and overall compliance with requisite R&D regulations. Individuals will have client responsibility on a broad range of company R&D related activities and serve as a dedicated strategic legal partner for one or more of Biogen’s late stage clinical development programs. The role requires seamless coordination with legal and compliance colleagues for matters in areas of pharmaceutical promotional law, intellectual property and litigation. The position sits in Biogen’s Cambridge, MA office and reports to the Chief Research, Development and Operations Counsel.
- Ten plus years’ experience in the bio/pharma life sciences department of a leading law firm and/or corporate law department
- Strong legal background in the field of biotechnology/pharmaceutical research and development.
- Experience with collaborations, consortiums and license agreements strongly preferred.
- Experience with government affairs, FDA and EMA regulations a plus.
- A successful candidate will have exceptional: intellectual capacity; business counseling gravitas; decision-making intuition; communication skills; and capabilities in establishing business practices to manage legal and other risk.
- JD and requisite active bar license
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
One of the pioneers in biotechnology, Biogen was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 90 countries. Our global headquarters and R&D operations are located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, with an international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, world-class manufacturing facilities in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA and Hillerod, Denmark, and affiliate locations around the world.