The role will suit a self-motivated individual with experience in similar compliance roles, and who is ready to take the next step in their career.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance, this role will support the organization in complying with the requirements of government regulations and/or regulatory agencies as well as driving and overseeing the business compliance programme to support the company’s growth objectives through successfully delivering short and long terms business goals.
- Assisting the Head of Compliance in developing and maintaining appropriate compliance programme and controls, in particular in the following areas of core regulated obligations:
- Payment Services Regulations 2009 (and forthcoming PSD2).
- Financial Crime Prevention (Anti-Money Laundering, Suspicious Activity Monitoring and Sanctions).
- Data Protection, Privacy and non-technical PCI.
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption.
- Monitoring and mitigating all compliance risks, and ensuring the smooth operation of the business’ compliance monitoring programme.
- Keeping up to date with regulatory changes to ensure the business continues compliance with relevant regulations.
- Provide product regulatory advice to the business through regular and ad hoc regulatory gap analysis review of existing products.
- Participating in compliance related projects as directed by the Head of Compliance and working closely with project stakeholders to ensure compliance project requirements are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Monitoring the business systems and controls in order to maintain compliance with applicable laws and regulatory requirements.
- Submitting regular updates to the business about regulatory changes, including detailed assessment of impact to the business, and working with the Head of Compliance to devise appropriate plans for the implementation of such changes.
- Reviewing and advising on escalated compliance enquiries, including escalated customer due diligence, on-boarding cases, and regulatory and compliance related matters.
- Overseeing the preparation and reviewing processes for regulatory filings.
- Preparing and delivering compliance training to the various areas of the business.
- Lead audit reviews carried out on the firm by regulators.
- Ensuring that compliance documentation and processes are kept up to date.
- Reviewing compliance risk assessment reports and advising the team on the necessary action.
- Identifying suspicious activities and filing the necessary reports.
- Ensuring competency in tasks handled by other Compliance Team members in order to provide cover where needed.
- Minimum four years’ experience in a compliance role, or as a regulatory specialist, ideally within the banking and/or card and payment industry.
- Proven experience in the understanding and interpretation of regulation within the payment industry and the implementation of solutions to address regulatory requirements.
- In-depth experience of compliance monitoring and the ability to develop compliance monitoring programmes and techniques.
- Good understanding of UK and EU financial services regulatory compliance, the FCA Handbook, non-technical PCI DSS and PSD.
- Technical and practical expertise of AML and ABC regulations.
- Knowledge of Visa and MasterCard rules – desirable.
- Experience with a regulatory reporting and policy writing.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work within a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience with working in a global organisation – desirable.