Reporting directly into the US Global Head with a dotted line to the Local Finance Director you will be responsible for Financial Compliance across the Middle East. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a global leader in their field. You will be responsible for the successful compliance with financial integrity requirements for the Middle East and Africa. You will assist country controllers and operations in ensuring effective financial and operational internal controls are in place and operating as designed.
- Assist global Finance Managers in ensuring effective financial and operational internal controls are in place and operating as designed.
- Ensure all countries within the region meet the SOX requirements.
- Support local management with the documentation of key controls for all process matrices.
- Support local management in the evaluation of the effectiveness of internal controls and support them in developing sustainable action plans to cover such identified gaps in a timely manner.
- Liaison with internal and external auditors for SOX purposes, internal and external audits, statutory and US GAAP audit engagements and limited reviews, etc.
- In discussion with Senior Management, organize & perform periodic balance sheet reviews of operations across region and ensure remediation plans are completed on a timely basis.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Ensure local entities are providing data in compliance with US GAAP and the company’s policies and procedures.
- Review with the local controller’s internal and external audit reports and assist local
- Management in developing responses to these reports. Also support local operations in developing action for items noted in these internal and external audit reports.
- Follow-up on ensuring action plans developed are complied with in a timely manner.
- Coordinate on behalf of the Senior Management the preparation and timely submission of the quarterly Management Representation Letters.
- Support Senior Management in developing procedures to strengthen the control and financial reporting environment.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing across the region related to common control issues resulting in designing training and common remediation efforts.
- Lead initiatives in improving the control environment for the countries outside of SOX scope, with increased focus on small and mid-size operations.
- Lead special projects as assigned.
- In addition to the above mentioned tasks, other activities and responsibilities may be individually defined.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and professional accounting qualification or relevant advanced certifications (CPA, CIA or equivalent).
- At least 10 years of increasing responsibility working in public accounting or with an American multinational corporation in a Finance Management position.
- Working experience with Sarbanes Oxley, US GAAP, and Risk Assessment process.
- Background in multiple project and people management.
- History of demonstrating global business acumen with experience in working successfully in a multinational, matrix driven organization.
- Analytical and process oriented with proven ability to drive accountability and results.
- Demonstrated cross cultural awareness.