Conduct independent validations of KeyBank’s high impact models in compliance with regulatory and KeyBank’s model validation policies and guidelines
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct independent validations on interest rate risk, asset liability management, liquidity, valuation, and profitability models, which are developed using modeling techniques such as survival (hazard), logistic regression, time series, financial forecasting, and cash-flow models.
- Conduct independent validations on models across the bank.
- Understand the conceptual framework and assumptions of the models and how the models are used in the business decision-making process
- Assess model performance
- Verify that validated models have been implemented correctly
- Assess adequacy of model owner’s monitoring and maintenance
- Assess model risks and limitations
- Verify the model has been properly documented
- Document the validation procedures and results
- PhD or Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative field.
- 3+ years of modeling/analytics experience in Treasury modeling, or model validation experience.
- Strong working knowledge of SAS and SQL
- Strong communication skills
- 1+ years of modeling or model validation experience, with expertise in Treasury with CCAR experience
- Modeling/model validation experience with Net Interest Income, Duration of Equity, prepayment models.
- Working Knowledge of QRM
- Strong working knowledge of MATLAB, Python, R, or other programming languages
KeyCorp’s roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation’s largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Enterprise Risk Management provides leadership on risk management strategies and initiatives for credit, market, compliance and operational risk, as well as portfolio management, quantitative analytics and asset recovery activities. Key’s objective is to achieve and sustain strong enterprise risk management practices consistent with industry standards and regulatory expectations in support of business strategies. To reach this goal, risk is identified, measured and managed in a manner that promotes effective decision-making and instills accountability. A strong risk culture is critical to achieving our vision to become the best regional bank in the U.S.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.