Alternative Investment Funds (Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Venture Capital) Tax Senior Associates serve as members of various client service teams. Senior Associates must possess strong technical knowledge of tax planning, consulting, and compliance related to alternative investments for both national and foreign companies. In addition to the preparation and review of tax returns, Senior Associates assist Managers in identifying and researching client issues, and communicate with clients and financial management. Senior Associates mentor Associates and Interns.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related degree preferred.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Advanced credential preferred (i.e. CPA, JD, CFP or CFA).
- At least 3 years relevant work experience with an accounting firm, including at least 1 year of Taxation of Alternative Investment experience.
- Strong leadership, multitasking and organizational skills.
- Initiative to seek out opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to interact with and gain the respect of all levels of internal and client personnel.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient use of technology including MS Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.