- We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
- For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
- And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role:
- As a Uber for Business Product Manager, you will envision and execute on a growth and go-to-market strategy for driving business travel on Uber. You will work on products like Uber Central that enable organizations to subsidize transportation for guests, customers, recruits, and more.
- Your performance will be measured by the growth of your product, and your ability to work closely with and enhance the productivity of a high-performing cross-functional team that includes counterparts in Analytics, Design, Engineering, Business Development, and Operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber’s mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your specific team
- Distill vision and strategy for the team, get all members of cross-functional team bought in
- Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, rider behavior or other business metrics. Solicit and embrace critical feedback
- Set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals with a cross-functional team
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against team and company goals
- Define and execute go-to-market plans for your products
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed learnings back into product development process
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal stakeholders to all Uber employees to riders
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in product management
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent, ideally including hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal
- Focused on building businesses, not features. Entrepreneurial experience building and leading businesses, including ownership and optimization of business performance metrics
- Customer obsession. You take on complex product challenges and simplify them to avoid making them our users and partner’s problems
- A “driver” personality – you are biased toward action, a great collaborator and an excellent disambiguator/simplifier – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Technical expertise and the ability to question, understand, and challenge software implementation decisions and priorities
- Passionate curiosity to learn and adapt to dynamic research, development and industry knowledge
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs