- Morgan Stanley is a global leader in wealth management with an extensive network of over 500 offices and 16,000 Financial Advisors around the world. Our Financial and Wealth Advisors deliver tailored solutions to fit individual investment objectives, risk tolerance and liquidity needs. We provide individuals, families, businesses and institutions with a wide variety of financial services: brokerage and investment advice, financial and wealth planning, banking and lending, cash management, annuities and insurance, and retirement and trust services.
- Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management is an established global leader in wealth management solutions, founded by Morgan Stanley in 1977 to provide wealthy individual investors with the level of sophistication and access to expertise and investments historically reserved for large corporations, financial institutions and governments. Today, this exclusive division is comprised of over 350 Private Wealth Advisors that are dedicated to serving ultra-high-net-worth clients, their families and foundations.
- The PWM Registered Associate is a client-facing role. Through a combination of marketing methods, client-management skills, and market and product knowledge, the PWM Registered Associate partners with team members to address the specific needs and service issues of high net worth clients in order to cultivate existing client relationships.
- The PWM Registered Associate provides ongoing day-to-day support of a Private Wealth Advisors book of business and conducts various administrative tasks.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
While tasks may vary day to day, responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Working with clients to ensure proper account opening procedures and documentation
- Independently improving and streamlining the service model and operational procedures for the team
- Providing account information to clients and Private Wealth Advisors and maintaining key client relationships
- Establishing and cultivating relationships with new clients and proactively helping to resolve issues and concerns
- Learning the business and products in order to assist Private Wealth Advisors
- Taking and placing customer orders in brokerage and advisory accounts
- Participating in ongoing platform reviews and design initiatives
- Providing excellent telephone coverage including ability to manage priorities; handling urgent calls with professionalism and good judgment
- Navigating firm effectively and efficiently by interfacing with various departments on behalf of team to collect information, respond to requests and coordinate meetings
- Participating in ongoing learning and development to enhance support of Private Wealth Advisors business
- Administrative duties such as handling telephones, mailing, filing, processing forms, travel and expenses
- Comply with all industry rules and regulations and firm policies
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 5 or more years of industry experience preferred.
- Financial industry and product knowledge preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including internet.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, and client service skills.
- Knowledge of applicable compliance rules and regulations and firm policies.
- Able to work independently.
Licenses and Registration
- Active Series 7, 63, and 65 or 66 (as required by individual states).
- Additional product licenses may be required.
- Be authorized to work in the U.S. without restriction as to duration.
- Pass a background check.
- Pass any applicable pre-employment tests.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs