Google’s Treasury team is on a mission to optimize the return on Google’s financial assets. As a member of this team, you’re always looking for innovative ways to help Google invest for the future while limiting volatility and material surprises. In addition to risk busting and asset management, you work collaboratively to administer business insurance programs and stock programs, and provide financial analysis support to our internal teams. You make creative yet calculated decisions that are backed by both experience and your extensive knowledge of the economy and financial industry.
Google Treasury has been building a world class global portfolio management organization to efficiently manage and optimize the investment returns on its growing cash balances. You will be a key contributor to the strategic development and growth of this portfolio team.
As Portfolio Manager, you will report directly to the Director of Global Credit. You will be responsible for overseeing the investment grade corporate portfolio and any external managers. You will be responsible for all portfolio related duties including asset allocation, portfolio construction, portfolio management, performance attribution and trading. You will also contribute to our global asset allocation decisions and participate in Investment Advisory Committee meetings.
The name Google came from “googol,” a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Manage the internal investment grade corporate portfolio.
- Collaborate closely with in-house credit research team to position the portfolio to reflect Alphabet’s fundamental credit strategy
- Collaborate with our internal risk and strategy team to continually develop investment guidelines and strategy
- Provide key input and contribute to tactical asset allocation strategies across all fixed income asset classes, and communicate key strategies to senior management
- Be responsible for all daily portfolio management activities including portfolio construction, performance attribution, trading, compliance and reporting
- 11 years of direct portfolio management experience with a focus on investment grade corporate strategies.
- People management experience and experience lead teams and develop junior personnel.
- Experience with credit analysis/research.
- Ability to present clear and concise recommendations to senior management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.