Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems. Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do. Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Responsibilities: Lead the Government customer organization’s strategy development, to include the alignment of organizational vision, mission, goals and objectives to the customer’s future investments, programs, and projects.
– Performing analysis and providing advice on the evolution and implementation of management concepts, and business practices based on comprehensive understanding of a corporate vision.
– Decomposing higher level strategic plans and business goals down to lower level strategic plans and business goals.
– Aligning programs, projects, and IT services with organizational goals and objectives.
– Developing and coordinating strategic plans with government stakeholders.
– Developing and sustaining processes that support the definition and delivery of organizational strategies, goals and objectives.
– Supporting the organization’s portfolio management processes, providing technical assistance to linkage of architectures with investment and decision support functions, with recommendations for resource allocation to improve alignment with strategic goals and objectives.
– Conducting investment performance management and analysis (e.g., cost, schedule, and performance) against planned baselines established through organizational governance (e.g., engineering review boards, performance management reviews, execution reviews).
Qualifications: Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
1) Active TS/SCI clearance
2) 8 years of experience supporting the Intelligence Community, DoD, or Federal Agency with BS/BA, 6 years with MS/MA, or 3 years with PhD
3) Experience leading or participating in organizational strategic planning, architecture, investment planning, and/or portfolio management processes.
4) Ability to relate professionally with senior Government customers and colleagues
5) Responsible, reliable, flexible, with strong attention to detail
6) Passion for learning, collaboration and knowledge transfer
7) Strong written and verbal communication skills, with experience as staff officer developing and coordinating decision support packages and briefings.
8) Ability to lead and influence colleagues and customers
1) Infrastructure Technology (IT) Domain experience in Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD), Federal Agency or commercial acquisition, systems engineering, cyber security organization
2) Exposure to Intelligence Community IT Enterprise (IC ITE) service offerings and service adoption, including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and other cloud service offerings
3) Experience in use of Lean Six Sigma or Value Stream Mapping for guiding strategic planning and decision support, with ability to lead moderate-to high-complexity initiatives using diverse methods and tools with a focus on achieving needed customer outcomes.