Our client, a global alternative investments firm is searching for an outstanding Trade Accountant to join their Operations team. The Operations group is divided up into three primary subgroups: Exchange-Traded Settlements, Contractual Settlements, and Support.
The Trade Accountant in the Exchange-Traded Settlements group is responsible for reconciling prime brokerage and custody accounts, resolving daily trade breaks and fails, processing corporate actions on current positions, confirming trades, and processing periodic events on positions held in a variety of security types such as options, futures, bonds, and asset-backed securities. The individual will also be trained to settle and process daily activity for the firm’s broker-dealer.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Reconciling positions, cash, and activity for prime brokerage and custody accounts on a daily basis.
- Resolving daily trade breaks and fails by interacting with the firm’s front office and executing brokers.
- Confirming daily trades with executing brokers.
- Complete daily broker dealer responsibilities such as settling new borrows, returns and recalls, confirming collateral marks, and reconciling current positions and market values.
- Process periodic events on current positions such as options expirations, ABS resets, and coupon interest payments.
- Process mandatory and voluntary corporate actions on outstanding positions
- Degreed, preferably in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Must be highly motivated, organized and detail oriented.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter and able to work under pressure while producing daily and weekly results.
- Ability to communicate effectively across different levels and departments inside and outside the firm.
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, production-driven and high-volume environment.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize based on ever-changing business requirements.
- Ability to identify problems and propose and implement workable solutions.
- Knowledge of financial products and/or experience with securities industry is strongly preferred.
Please send resumes to Jack Kelly – JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com