The Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Operations team performs AML Know-Your-Client/Client Due Diligence (KYC/CDD) for Global Banking and Markets clients of Bank of America Merrill Lynch. This team covers new client onboarding, expansion, refresh (periodic review) as its core activities. Additionally the team also covers internal/external audits, remediation of AML KYC/CDD of bank clients. The team covers 12 APAC jurisdictions, EMEA, US & Canada. Reviewing accuracy of documentation, screening, obtaining approvals from Compliance and Business are some of the high level activities involved in the process
- Perform document gap analysis by reviewing available documentation and evaluating information available publically or through vendors for multiple Asian jurisdictions
- Liaise with sales/client teams to obtain and validate correct documentation
- Process KYC/AML by, enriching KYC requests in the system and performing enhanced due diligence as required
- Support creation of key business metrics
- Liaise with internal departments to support KYC issues
- Involvement in ad hoc projects for new processes or industry initiatives
- Participate in Remediation, internal/external Audits
- Experience in similar role (preferred)
- Control focused mindset and good understanding of regulatory and reputational risks – (knowledge of Asia Markets requirements a plus)
- Excellent communications skills and ability to present to an audience.
- Ability to work under pressure in a team environment.\
- Ability to liaise with all levels of the firm and people with different experiences and backgrounds.