A well regarded, long-established Private Bank seeks a Mutual Fund Compliance Analyst.
This individual will be part of a team that is responsible for administering the compliance programs for the firm’s proprietary mutual funds and their investment adviser.
- Perform daily and weekly investment guideline monitoring for the firm’s ‘40 Act mutual funds, common/collective trust funds, and offshore (Cayman) funds, including analyzing and validating exceptions and liaising with portfolio managers and fund admin to resolve issues as needed.
- Maintain investment guideline monitoring framework, including on-boarding of new mandates and interpretation and coding of new or amended requirements.
- Develop and maintain compliance rules and watch-lists in Bloomberg AIM, as required.
- Conduct and document quarterly testing in accordance with Rules 38a-1 and 206(4)-7. Testing may include best execution, insider trading surveillance, market manipulation surveillance, and compliance with firm policies. Collect, review and organize information to support test results. Suggest new tests to be developed.
- Assist with sub-advisor, administrator and other due diligence reviews (e.g., review of materials, note taking, and report drafting)
- Prepare certain board materials, including reports on soft dollars and client commissions.
- Assist with the restricted list maintenance, personal trading, pre-clearance and portfolio monitoring
- Act as secretary to certain committees
- Keep current on laws and regulations that affect SEC registered investment advisers and mutual funds.
- Assist with other Compliance and/or Risk related activities or projects, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two plus years in a U.S. mutual fund compliance monitoring role
- Basic understanding of Investment Company Act of 1940 and Investment Advisers Act of 1940
- Experience using Bloomberg VMGR and CMGR functions and/or creating investment rules and restrictions in Bloomberg
- Strong follow-through and documentation skills: as the core team member responsible for mutual fund investment monitoring, the person must be able to report issues promptly and follow them through to resolution, including documentation of such resolution.
- Strong organizational skills
- Sound understanding of fixed income, equities and derivatives securities helpful
- Strong interpersonal skills
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at Jack@ComplianceSearch.com