BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa.
The responsibilities of a Trader / Assistant Portfolio Manager include:
- Assist in all activities related to the management of a wide array of portfolios; including: 2a-7 Money Market Funds,
- Separately Managed Accounts, iShares Funds and Short Duration Bond Funds.
- Manage day to day cash trading for Mutual Funds, Separately Managed Accounts and Internal Portfolios
- Assist in preparation of board reports, marketing materials & compliance reports
- Work with credit research department as needed for approval and review of securities
- Assist in maintaining funds in compliance with rules of all relevant regulatory bodies
- BA/BS is required. Progress towards CFA Charter or advanced degree a plus.
- One to three years fixed income market related experience or general business experience
- Familiarity with municipal bonds preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Thorough working knowledge of Excel
- Teamwork and ability to work in a fast paced collaborative environment
- Passion for financial markets and delivering results for clients – acting as a fiduciary.