Our client, a global banking and financial services firm, is looking to hire a Muni Markets Compliance Manager. The Compliance Manager is responsible for engaging in activities to contribute to the independent compliance oversight of Front Line Unit (“FLU”) and Control Function (“CF”) performance and any related third party/vendor relationships in alignment with the Compliance Risk Management (“CRM”) Program and the Global Compliance Enterprise Policy (GC Policy). As a member of a FLU or CF compliance officer team, demonstrates and applies business acumen to promote a culture of compliance and the identification, escalation and timely mitigation of compliance risks. This role exercises judgment and influence, and may constructively challenge FLU and CF leaders to support the CRM Program objectives, balancing business strategy with appropriate controls.
The Compliance Manager is accountable for contribution to the requirements in the Global Compliance Policy aligned to compliance officers, including but not limited to the following activities:
- Provide real time advice and counsel to the sales persons, traders, and investment bankers within the Municipal Banking and Markets Line of business with respect to compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Maintain and communicate regulatory changes, advising and directing business leaders to ensure that regulatory requirements are addressed in their respective procedures and controls so that their day to day activities operate in a compliant manner.
- Engage other compliance officers, Enterprise Areas of Coverage roles, and horizontal function roles to provide oversight of FLU and CF activities.
- Conduct compliance risk assessments of Front Line Unit (“FLU”) or Control Function (“CF”).
- Contribute to monitoring and testing coverage plans and related metrics for Front Line Unit (“FLU”) or Control Function (“CF”).
- Monitor and test the effectiveness of the front line unit and control function compliance risk controls.
- Identify aggregate, report and escalate compliance risks, issues and control enhancements.
- Executes governance and management routines.
- Identify compliance training needs, provide subject matter expertise to support development of training curriculum, and inspect FLU/CF and third party participation.
- Assist business leaders in preparations for regulatory exams and audits for FLU/CF and related Enterprise Areas of Coverage.
- Inspect that commitments made regarding actions in response to Matters Requiring Attention (“MRAs”) and other actions are completed.
- Escalate regulatory relations concerns to Compliance Executive.
The Compliance Manager reviews team deliverables to support consistent quality of activities, processes and outputs.
This role may contribute as a manager responsible for providing leadership direction to attract, assess, develop, motivate and retain a small team, or may act as an individual contributor. This role may have Money Laundering Reporting Officer responsibilities.
- Minimum 7 years compliance or municipal securities regulatory experience with a Municipal broker dealer or regulator.
- Solid understanding of MSRB / FINRA Rules.
- Experience with Municipal bonds and derivatives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, requires interaction with senior management.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Additional degrees, licenses, or experience a plus.
- Experience in Financial Services or similarly regulated sector
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly – JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com