Freddie Mac’s Multifamily division is responsible for providing liquidity to the secondary mortgage market for multifamily loans. The Capital Markets area of Multifamily is responsible for running the division’s securitization platform, the most popular of which is the K program. The Capital Markets team is looking for a Capital Markets Senior in the Structuring group. Capital Markets contains four main areas: Loan Pricing, Structuring, and Securitization and Investor Relations. The Structuring group works closely with each of these groups and also works closely with our accountants and broker-dealers. Structuring is responsible for bond valuation, deal structuring and optimization.
- Lead deal due diligence including deal tie-out and document review
- Support the securitization of multifamily loans and deal analytics to optimize executions and maintain risk adjust returns and make recommendations to management.
- Modeling commercial mortgage-backed securities using Intex.
- Provide deal analytics and support to the Loan Pricing and Securitization teams including both fixed and floating rate models
- Typically has 5 – 7 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Finance or another quantitative discipline.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Analytical skills and creativity to develop and consider alternative options for fulfilling requirements
- Experience with Data Analysis or Reporting Analysis.
- Experience with one or more syntax/languages to include (but not limited to) VBA, SQL, Python and/or R
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (e.g., nested logical and lookup functions, pivot tables, macros).
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in an environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills and an ability to explain complex concepts to non-quantitative audiences.