- Manage portfolios to reach alpha targets within risk tolerances and constraints, while complying with client/fund guidelines, restrictions and gain/loss budgets.
- Raise orders to implement and maintain portfolio positioning. Work with Trading to monitor execution.
- Monitor and invest cash flows resulting from client subscriptions and redemptions.
- Research and resolve compliance violations due to both active and passive movement.
- Enhance portfolio management processes. Contribute to development and implementation of portfolio construction and reporting tools.
- Contribute to alpha and idea generation through duration/yield curve management, cross asset relative value, and sector rotation.
- Learn and keep current in general fixed income markets. Participate in market and alpha generation discussions. Assist in market research efforts.
- Deliver performance attribution and reporting.
- BA/BS required. Progress toward CFA a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of experience and knowledge of Fixed Income markets strongly desired.
- Fixed income and general finance knowledge, including an understanding of bond math and risk.
- Ability to learn fixed income markets, including complexities of different issue types, liquidity, and trading.
- Ability to grasp quantitative concepts of risk and exposure, and their application to portfolio management.
- Knowledge of financial institution / insurance client portfolio management a plus (e.g. accounting considerations, income or yield-focused mandate management)
- Technical skills including advanced Excel and Aladdin. SQL and programming experience a strong plus.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing market environments and perform under tight time constraints.
- Strong problem solving skills and diligent attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs