Cheddar is a live Post Cable Network focused on covering the most innovative products, technologies, and services transforming our lives. The network covers this news through the lens of the companies and executives driving these changes. Cheddar broadcasts from Post 10 on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange and the Sprint Flatiron Building Store. It is available on Sling TV, Amazon, Pluto, 60% of smart TVs in the U.S., Vimeo and Twitter. The company was founded by Jon Steinberg, President and Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon and Ribbit Capital.
Cheddar is looking for a creative, organized, and hardworking writer and producer to produce daily investing segments. This person is responsible for identifying, reporting and updating viewers on the biggest market stories of the day. It’s up to you to monitor the markets in order to produce timely stories that offer context and analysis. This job requires strong editorial judgment and writing skills as well as basic video editing skills.
- Responsible for writing and producing 3 market “live hits” per day.
- Write and produce a daily video package about a specific stock or company.
- Write and produce educational and tutorial videos about investing.
- Produce segments for 2 weekly 30 minute shows about investing — primarily focused on equities and cryptocurrencies.
- Produce occasional IPO coverage.
- Strong business and financial news writing experience.
- Deep knowledge of financial markets and investing.
- Passion for the equities markets particularly technology, media, and retail sectors.
- Ability to write clean copy quickly without the need to be heavily copy-edited
- Familiarity with CMS workflow and tagging procedures
- Working knowledge of production and post-production techniques.
- Organizational skills and ability to work under tight deadlines.