- Manage and lead a team of index and market data analysts supporting the America’s region.
- Partner with the EMEA team lead to create an effective global service model to support both internal and external clients.
- Partner with COO teams of assigned Line of Business (LOB) and their Business Finance representative(s) to manage their index and data expense which includes reviewing their current data usage, pipeline, forecast, and targeted savings initiatives
- Lead the Market Data channel during the onboarding of new external BlackRock Solutions clients which includes providing guidance on index and data licensing and associate data pass-thru fees that are required
- Provide guidance and support to internal and external BlackRock clients on data contractual rights and restrictions
- Liaise between IDS’ relationship managers to understand material changes to index and data vendor relationships and proactively communicate them to internal stakeholders and external BlackRock Solutions clients
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business or finance, or equivalent combination of education, experience and training
- Knowledge of Index and Market Data products and services preferred
- Ability to interpret contract terms and explain the practical applications of such terms.
- Strong leadership skills, experience managing people required
- Self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment and works well as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Strong communicator with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, adaptable, with a sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities, meeting deadlines while maintaining composure and professionalism.
- Experience with Market Data Manager (“MDM”) software preferred
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa