- Develop and manage client relationships and attract new assets through a consultative approach.
- Maintain a high level of activity and be actively involved in presentations to prospective investors and the follow-up necessary to give investors comfort regarding the firm’s experience and capabilities across the firm.
- Appropriate investor targeting from established relationships and managing the evaluation of potential client relationships Provide information and support to consultant relations and client relationship management teams and coordinate sales activities with members of product management and consultant relations teams to develop new business relationships
- Thorough understanding of what Janus Henderson/Perkins offer and an understanding of how these solutions compare to those of their competitors, working closely with the Janus Henderson/Perkins’ investment teams making optimal use of capabilities and relationship networks
- Assumes additional duties as requested or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Have a strong client orientation and a successful track record of raising assets and generating revenue through sourcing opportunities independently, closing new business in final presentations and servicing large complex mandates with clients. Be business-oriented as well as client-driven. Be consultative and solutions oriented in meeting client needs. Work well as a collaborative team member. Have the highest standard of integrity and quality in delivering excellence to the client.
- Have a minimum of 7-10+ years of experience in an institutional direct and consultative sales role at an investment management firm and be known for delivering and exceeding results against goal.
- Demonstrated ability to represent a multiple-product firm. Have very strong financial, pension and investment acumen.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and influencing skills along with a demonstrated team orientation and collaborative nature.
- Experienced professional who understands how to navigate organizations, communicate clearly, gain alignment, and execute
- High degree of integrity, initiative, results orientation and entrepreneurial attitude.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and an ability to explain and discuss sophisticated investment products and investment strategies.
- Proven success in building long-term relationships and in presenting during “finals” meetings, leveraging a keen understanding of the sales cycle. Possess a focused and strategic approach to the market.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Strong academic background, with a preference for an advanced degree such as an MBA or a professional certification such as the CFA.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 required. Series 3 required within 90 days of hire. DISCLAIMER: This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of the employees assigned to this job.
About Janus Henderson
Janus Henderson Investors (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee’s job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson Investors at its sole discretion).