The Managing Director helps oversee the Compliance department and will carry out the core functions of NFA’s regulatory program in all the major functional areas. The Compliance department’s primary focus is customer protection and the safety and soundness of the futures industry. Compliance performs examinations of Members to monitor their compliance with NFA rules and CFTC regulations, conducts financial surveillance to enforce compliance with financial requirements, reviews disclosure documents for accuracy, investigates customer complaints and reviews referrals from other agencies to determine if rules have been violated.
- Assist in setting the organization’s policies based on significant knowledge and expertise in various aspects of NFA and industry practices.
- Develop goals for the department and assist in setting NFA’s goals and in the development of NFA’s strategic plan.
- Monitor department’s progress in goals and major functional areas. Assist department as needed and motivate department to ensure highest level of productivity.
- Complete all performance management functions including effectively coaching subordinates, providing meaningful feedback in evaluations to subordinates, and guiding subordinates in career development.
- Actively participate in the review of department and organizational functions and promote organizational initiatives through involvement with staff.
- Actively seek initiatives or create new innovative ways for enhancing productivity within the department.
- Represent and promote NFA’s organizational initiatives, including educational initiatives by interacting with our members, industry representatives and other outside organizations.
- Facilitate relationships with other departments. Work with other departments to ensure compliance-related work processes are effective and efficient. Make suggestions as needed.
- Act as liaison for NFA with other industry agencies. Coordinate and monitor requests made by other agencies to ensure NFA responds appropriately.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in financial services industry preferably in audit, regulatory, risk or compliance function
- Experience managing a large group of individuals
- Possesses an understanding of complex and sophisticated market issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively articulate ideas
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and manage workflow
- Strategic, innovative and creative with a high level of initiative
- Bachelor’s Degree