Job Description Summary:
The candidate will provide compliance and advisory support for local legislative requirements and corporate governance.
- Implement and maintain the Regulatory Compliance Program for the HK Operations including the review on the setting up of the compliance requirements or issues, effective use of the assessment tools and the monitoring mechanism, compilation and drafting of the compliance / risks reports.
- Implement and assess compliance status for various requirements and corporate policies (e.g. the record management, corporate governance or other corporate programs).
- Provide advisory support on business projects, documentation review with compliance consequence or queries raised by business units such as HR, IT and Financial Management etc.
- Assist in various compliance reports / survey / regulatory site visits / translation review from time to time.
- Manage development and maintenance of department / operation protocol (.e.g contingency plan and procedures).
Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree holder with a major in Law or Accounting or Business Administration
- A total of 5-6 years of experience gained within reputable accounting firms, life-insurance company and with preferably 3-4 years’ compliance experience
- Solid experience in audit / insurance operations with exposure in compliance and / or risks management.
- Attentive to details and able to handle multiple users in diverse environment
- Willing to accept challenges and work under pressure
- Independent contributor and good team player
- Good analytical and problems solving skills
- Good communication skills in both English and Chinese (spoken and written)
About Manulife Financial Corporation
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group providing forward-thinking solutions to help people with their big financial decisions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2014, we had 28,000 employees, 58,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving 20 million customers. At the end of June 2015, we had $883 billion (US$708 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made more than $22 billion in benefits, interest and other payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.