The Manager / Sr. Manager, Tax has primary responsibility for all aspects of corporate income tax compliance, including coordinating the federal and state corporate income tax compliance preparation with external advisors, federal and state tax return review, ensuring the accurate and timely filing of returns, responding to tax inquiries and handling tax audits. This position will assist with accounting for income taxes including provision preparation and review and assist with special projects and tax planning, including developing tax strategy in relation to changes in tax legislation, structuring, mergers and acquisitions, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating the preparation, review, and timely and accurate filing of federal and state income tax returns, quarterly estimates, and extensions.
- Reviews informational returns for foreign entities special elections, and fixed asset depreciation review to ensure appropriate depreciable life and methods are used.
- Develop and maintain various tax compliance calendars.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual income tax provisions under ASC 740, including maintaining the inventory of uncertain tax positions (FIN 48), SOX compliance, and reconciling income tax balances to the general ledger.
- Implements procedures to streamline all processes.
- Respond to IRS and state tax notices, inquiries, and audits. Research tax issues for planning and compliance and draft technical memos.
- Assist with domestic and international tax planning projects and tax minimization initiatives from inception to completion.
- Assist with merger and acquisition activity including due diligence and structuring design to ensure tax efficiency of transactions.
- 7-10 years tax experience with a public accounting firm and/or a multinational company handling corporate tax matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Taxation from an accredited college/university. CPA preferred.
- Strong tax accounting skills with a proficiency in US GAAP and corporate income tax compliance.
- Experience with Section 199, state nexus analysis, E&P studies, and R&D credit computation.
- Knowledge of HFM, Sage Fixed Assets Software and Thomson’s OneSource Income Tax Software a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple projects, and strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate (verbal/written) effectively.
- Self-motivated and strong analytical/problem solving skills with the ability to complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team collaborating with all levels of the organization and across other functional areas.