National Compliance is responsible for overseeing Verizon Wireless policies, processes, people and systems and partnering with business leaders to identify and mitigate financial, operational, legal, regulatory and reputational risks facing the business unit. The Manager of B2B Sales Compliance is responsible for addressing risks, including sales misconduct, commission abuse, policy violations, and customer gaming, and process or operational gaps for the business channel.
- Manage all aspects of risk inherent in the channel and make decisions concerning the scope of work to be performed based on those risks. Assess current and potential risks based on the potential financial, legal and reputation impacts to the company. Develop and design the channel compliance strategy and make recommendations to management. Develop and implement prioritized work plans based on the risk assessment and business partner feedback. Continually determine modifications to strategy as needed to support business priorities and perceived risks to profitability and asset protection.
- Provide subject matter expertise in designing and implementing controls to improve financial performance and transactional accuracy, including the design of reporting to monitor processes or existing controls, the repair of controls that are not functioning as intended, assessment of potential new and developing threats, and the enhancement of the control environment. Ensure adequate coverage of significant risks through delegation of resources for monitoring and review of standard reports, risk model analysis and associated field work.
- Provide proactive support and guidance to key stakeholders in various channel, Market and Corporate business units. Provide recommendations/ advice/assistance regarding controls and compliance.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with key internal customers, including senior channel, Market, and HQ leaders. Communicate timely and accurate information regarding findings and improvement recommendations for management and monitor management’s improvement actions. Prepare and deliver presentations communicating risks mitigated, and the potential impacts of unmitigated risks to management.
- Provide leadership in developing and completing thorough and accurate investigations based on limited information. Determine the best investigatory techniques based on the circumstances of each individual investigation. Design ad hoc reporting to enhance existing information and further investigations as necessary. Partner with Corporate Security, Legal, Human Resources and other teams to ensure completion of investigations and necessary disciplinary action.
- Support other audit groups—including Corporate Auditing Services and public accountants—in planning and completing their audit engagements.
What we’re looking for:
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Criminal Justice, Math, or Information Systems; or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in operational compliance, engineering, business controls or finance.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience driving complex solutions and analytics to provide ongoing and automated monitoring of key risks.
- Experience formulating, affecting, interpreting and implementing policies and processes to ensure a strong control environment.
- Working knowledge of statistics, reporting and analytical tools (Tableau, Teradata, Cognos, Excel) with the ability to perform in-depth analyses of large datasets to identify activities that require compliance investigation.
- Experience leveraging auditing principles and methods to evaluate policies, processes and systems to identify business risks and control gaps.
- Project management experience with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently leveraging organization and time-management skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint for analytics and presentation.
- Familiarity with company systems and software packages – prefer experience with systems such as ACSS, SQL, Teradata, & WFM.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to explain confidential and complex issues and make recommendations to leadership.
- Experience with report writing/database software such as Cognos Impromptu and Teradata SQL Assistant.
- Experience or strong understanding of sales processes and selling strategies
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- A Professional certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE).
- Telecommunications experience.
- Audit experience.