This role will afford you the opportunity to travel nationwide. You may be placed at their home office in Florida or given the opportunity to work remotely from home.
This construction engineering company is a leading provider of specialty contracting services to the telecommunications and infrastructure industry. These services, which are provided throughout the United States and in Canada, include engineering, construction, maintenance and installation services to telecommunications providers, underground facility locating services to various utilities and telecommunications providers. The company’s corporate environment is constantly changing, growing to meet the needs of our subsidiary companies and their customers.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, working remotely, the Manager of Field Employment Compliance, will be responsible for ensuring the company’s active and inactive I-9’s are complete, accurate, and comply in accordance with federal requirements.
The day to day responsibilities:
Conduct internal I-9 audits on active and inactive I-9’s to ensure completeness and accuracy in accordance with federal requirements for all worker classifications including sub-contractors
- Ability to work in a field construction environment
- Utilize the I-9 Management system to aid in auditing efforts.
- Collaborate with the HR Reporting team and vendors to retrieve employee and I-9 data specific to the location being audited.
- Prepare the I-9 audit report via excel and document I-9 audit findings, detailing any missing documentation or discrepancies discovered.
- Partner with the I-9 Administrators to report the findings from the I-9 audit and follow escalation procedures for non-compliant I-9s.
- Follow-up measures will be required to ensure I-9s are in compliance.
- Partner to answer inquires and provide coaching on I-9 compliance procedures.
- Partner with the Legal and Immigration team for additional legal guidance and resources.
What do you need?
Skills & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Generally prefer 5+ years of experience with emphasis on managing compliance activities at an enterprise-wide level or U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E) agency
- Must possess an understanding of I9-related requirements for both, new employees, as well as for immigration/visa purposes.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct complex data analysis and advanced MS Excel skills.
- In-depth knowledge of labor-related laws and regulations, especially at the federal level.
- Ability to travel up to 90% required
- Knowledge of key state and local regulations is strongly preferred.
Please feel free to email Jack Kelly at Jack@ComplianceSearch.com.